A Fix For When The Sitecore Package Installation Never Finishes
Posted 09/16/2016 by Yogeshwer Sharma
I installed 8.x version of Sitecore and after installation I started installing a content package on same instance. Package size was in kb's as per my prior experience with package installation it should not take more then 3-4 minutes to install. But this time I am continuously seeing the package installation screen with progress bar running.
I waited for long time and it was still same, I stopped the installation and did some basic troubleshooting steps provided on internet.
- Recycle app pool.
- Check Permissions on folders/wesbite.
After this I again started installation and this time also screen was same for long time. It seems installation goes into infinite loop. I started looking into Sitecore logs there also I didn’t find any specific log about package installation error. But I can see many errors for MongoDB connectivity.
From here I started looking on internet and found that with the latest version of Sitecore to install a package we should have MongoDB configured.
I am not sure why we need MongoDB configured to install the packages, may be at the time of installing package Sitecore is storing some data into MongoDB. So for now we can say package installation have dependency on MongoDB. I'll do some research on it and will come up with some points that why we need Mongo to install the package.
To install MongoDB you can find simple steps here.
After installation MongoDB try to install Sitecore package again, this time it should installed successfully. If you are still seeing/facing same issue then please check your MongoDB service from windows Services that MongoDB service is running or not. If it's not running then start MongoDB service by clicking on start button.
If you are getting error while starting the service then please go and check MongoDB log file which is created under \mongodb\data\log folder. I also get into same issue and in log file I found Detected unclean shutdown - C:\mongodb\data\db\mongod.lock is not empty error. I cleared mongod.lock file from the given location and again started MongoDB service and now it started working.
Once the service started I again tried to install package and this time package successfully installed. I hope I have included all the possible scenarios to fix this issue if you have something which is not included here please feel free to comment your inputs in below comment section.
bansidhar padhy said:
10/1/2016 1:53 PM
Nice article.i have faced same issue so many times.
Larry Reeder said:
9/15/2017 1:34 PM
We are facing this issue right now. I will recommend we do this and try again. Thank you for the article.
7/15/2018 10:43 PM
I am in agreement with pretty much everything that you mentioned entirely! Excellent website document! kddedggegebgakdg
7/16/2018 3:16 PM
Hello! [url=http://via3indian.com/#2.html]generic viagra india pharmacy[/url]
7/16/2018 3:16 PM